programmes (the ‘Programmes’) which is operated by The Prince’s Trust, a registered charity
incorporated by Royal Charter in England and Wales (1079675) and Scotland (SC041198).
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL WITHIN OUR PROGRAMME
The Programmes provides materials including documents, videos, advice and guidance (the
“Material”) in order to assist young people in improving their personal skills and development
as part of Prince’s Trust programmes (the “Permitted Purpose”).
You acknowledge that the copyright in all Material provided by Prince’s Trust Online is owned by The Prince’s Trust, our partners, content suppliers or licensors, as applicable.
The Prince’s Trust grants you a non-exclusive licence in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to use the Material for the Permitted Purpose only. You are not permitted to use the Material or our logo for any commercial purpose.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
You must treat your ID, password or any other piece of information as part of our security
procedures as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any ID or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your ID or password, you must let us know as soon as possible.
HOW YOU MAY USE THE PRINCE’S TRUST ONLINE LEARNING HUB
You may only use our Online Learning Hub only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Online learning hub:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material
- To input any inappropriate or discriminatory language or information into the Online learning hub.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Online learning hub
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Online learning hub;
- any equipment or network on which our Online learning hub is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Online learning hub; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We reserve the right to decide whether your conduct on the Online learning hub is inappropriate
and reserve the right to withdraw your access, at any time, to the Online learning hub and
delete all information you have provided on the Online learning hub.
You must keep confidential any information of a confidential nature which becomes known to you through a Prince’s Trust programme, unless this information is public knowledge or you already knew this information. You cannot make a public announcement concerning these Terms without our permission.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Online learning
hub (a ‘Contribution’); specifically your chosen ID and display name. We will determine, in our
discretion, whether a Contribution breaches these content standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate including child sexual abuse material.
- Promote or depict violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. • Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from the Prince's Trust, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to take part in our programmes.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any files uploaded by you to Online learning hub.
- Change your password.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or statutory bodies as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law or necessary to do to protect others.
If you become aware of any inappropriate Contribution, you will let us, or a delivery partner, know as soon as is possible, by contacting your dedicated Prince’s Trust staff contact or using our contact details provided on the Online Learning Hub.
BREACH OF THESE TERMS
Where we consider that a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including:
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
The Prince’s Trust Online learning hub may include information and materials uploaded by other users. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users do not represent our views or values.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our Online learning hub will be secure or free from bugs or
viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer
programmes and platform to access our Online learning hub. You should use your own virus
You must not misuse our Online learning hub by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Online learning hub, the server on which our Online learning hub is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Prince’s Trust. You must not attack the Online Learning hub via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Online learning hub will cease immediately.
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ONLINE LEARNING HUB
How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us through your dedicated Prince's Trust staff contact.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to this, we will not be liable for any losses you suffer as a result of you using the platform or the Materials.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice. Our Privacy
Notice can be found here.
We will record all sessions which take place between you and our staff during the Programmes. This is so that we can moderate the sessions and refer to records in case a complaint is raised.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
Nobody else has any rights under this agreement. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
We may make changes to these Terms. We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Online learning hub, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the Terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our Online learning hub. We may update and change our Online learning hub from time to time to reflect our users’ needs.
We may suspend or withdraw our programme. Our programme is made available
free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Online learning hub, or any content on it, will
always be available or be
uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any
part of our Online learning hub for business and operational reasons. We will try to give
you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal. You are also responsible for ensuring
that all persons who access our Online learning hub through your internet connection are
The Prince’s Trust cannot take any responsibility and makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of any third party website accessed by hyperlinks on the Platform. The Prince’s Trust has no control over the availability of linked pages.